It’s my first time to Deploy an Application which uses SQL Server Express Database.
I’m Using Entity Framework Model First to contact Database.
and i created a Setup wizard with Install Shield to Install the App.
These are Steps that I’v done to Install The Application in Destination Computer :
- Installing MS SQL Server Express (DEST)
- Installing The Program using Setup file (DEST)
- Detach Database from SQL server and Copy Related .mdf ,.ldf file to the Destination Computer.
- Attach database file in destination computer using SQL Server Management Studio.
I know server names and SQL name Instances are different and my program can’t run correctly with the Old Connection String.
I’m Beginner at this, and I want to know what should I do in the Destination Computer to make the program run?
- should I find a way to change the connection string on runtime?!
- or is there any way to modify installshield project and it do this work for me? (installshield is professional edition)
- could you suggest me what to do?
in my searches I saw that WiX can do this, but I find it complicated, and i don’t have enough time to learn it. i need to deploy the app ASAP.